Sahlen’s All Beef Smokehouse Hot Dog topped with pulled pork, coleslaw, crispy onions, and BBQ sauce.
Yield: A Small Army (4-6 People per 1LB Pack of Hot Dogs)
- 1 Pack of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or Martin’s Potato Rolls
- 1LB Pack of Sahlen’s All Beef Tender Casing Smokehouse Hot Dogs
- 5LB Boston Pork Butt or Shoulder
- 2 Cups of BBQ Sauce
- ½ Cup of Coleslaw (Homemade or Store Bought)
- Garnish Crispy Onions (Homemade or French’s)
- Dry Rub the pork 24 hours before smoking.
- Smoke the pork for 8 hours at 210℉.
- Tent the pork with tin foil for 1 hour.
- Pull the pork meat and fat with claw tools or forks.
- Toast the buns with a light spread of butter until golden brown.
- Place one Sahlen’s All Beef Hot Dog on each bun.
- Top each Sahlen’s All Beef Hot Dog with a generous amount of BBQ-sauced pulled pork.
- Add coleslaw.
- Garnish with crispy onions.
- Grab a heap of napkins and enjoy!
Optional Homemade Recipes
Homemade Dry Rub Ingredients:
- Equal parts 2 tbsp garlic powder, coffee grinds, paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder
- 1 tbsp coriander, cayenne pepper
Homemade BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 Cups of ketchup
- ¼ Cup vinegar (apple cider)
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika
- ½ TBSP ground cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Habanero
- 1 Jalapeño
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- A generous squeeze of yellow mustard