Haitian Style Spaghetti with Beef Hot Dogs
Sahlen’s All Beef Smokehouse Hot Dogs, sliced and mixed into spaghetti pasta, seasoned Haitian style, and garnished with spinach.
Recipe By: Carlie Saint-Laurent Beaucejour, MS, RD, LDN
- 2 Sahlen’s Tender Casing All Beef Smokehouse Hot Dogs, Cut in Half Circles
- ½ Medium Onion, Sliced
- ½ Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Small Tomato Diced
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Spaghetti (½ lb)
- ¼ Cup Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- Chopped Spinach for Garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti per directions.
- In large skillet, heat ¼ cup of oil on medium heat, combine Sahlen’s All Beef Hot Dogs, onions, green peppers, and tomatoes. Cook until lightly brown.
- Once cooked, take out of skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet on medium heat, add remaining oil, tomato sauce, cooked spaghetti, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Fold in hot dog and vegetables back into skillet until evenly mixed throughout.
- Garnish with chopped spinach.