Hot Dog Throwdown
Sahlen’s All Beef Smokehouse Hot Dogs, sliced over homemade spaghetti rings and seasoned to perfection.
Recipe By: Abbie Gellman, MS, RD, CDN
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 Sahlen’s All Beef Smokehouse Hot Dogs, Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Can (28 oz) Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 8 Ounces Pasta Rings, Cooked According to Package Directions
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
Optional: Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a pot or high-sided skillet over medium heat, add oil. Add onion, salt, and pepper and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and stir, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes and honey, mix well, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced Sahlen’s All Beef Smokehouse Hot Dogs, mix well, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta rings and vinegar and mix well.
Optional: Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.